As a special thank-you to our patrons and member artists, we invite you to a C.S. Lewis-themed party in a private room at Jack Quinn's pub downtown. The evening will feature Lewis-themed performances, delicious pub fare, drinks of all kinds, community time, and a featured talk from Michael Ward. It will be pretty much the next-best thing to being in the Eagle and Child more than half a century ago.
Your ticket includes dinner, non-alcoholic drinks, and one alcoholic drink ticket per person (there will also be a cash bar).
- Live performances by Teressa Mahoney, an English folk band led by Terri Moon and the Greg and Nancy Brown family, and other performances and readings
- Lecture: "The Jovial C.S. Lewis" by Michael Ward
This event will be open to patrons, member artists, and community partners only.
How it works:
- Each member is allowed one ticket for themselves and one ticket for a family member, both of which are free.
- If tickets remain by September 7, we will allow you to purchase additional tickets for $25 per person.
- Sales will CLOSE on September 20 as we have to get final numbers to Jack Quinn's by then.
About the Guest of Honor
Michael Ward is a Senior Research Fellow at Blackfriars Hall in the University of Oxford, author ofPlanet Narnia: The Seven Heavens in the Imagination of C.S. Lewis (OUP, 2008), and co-editor ofThe Cambridge Companion to C.S. Lewis (CUP, 2010). He presented the BBC television documentary, The Narnia Code(2009).
Though based at Blackfriars in Oxford, Dr Ward is also employed as Professor of Apologetics at Houston Baptist University, Texas, teaching one course per semester as part of the online MA program in Christian Apologetics.
As an Anglican clergyman, he served as Chaplain of St Peter’s College in the University of Oxford from 2009 to 2012 and as Chaplain of Peterhouse in the University of Cambridge between 2004 and 2007. He was resident Warden of The Kilns, Lewis’s Oxford home, from 1996 to 1999. He studied English at Oxford, Theology at Cambridge, and has a PhD in Divinity from St Andrews.
Want to receive an invitation to this event? Now is a great time to become a patron.
Or apply to be a member artist (application process may take several weeks).